DECORATING A COUNTRY KITCHEN : MEDIEVAL ROOM DECOR : BRATT DECOR JANE CRIB
Decorating A Country Kitchen
- (decorate) award a mark of honor, such as a medal, to; "He was decorated for his services in the military"
- Confer an award or medal on (a member of the armed forces)
- Make (something) look more attractive by adding ornament to it
- Provide (a room or building) with a color scheme, paint, wallpaper, etc
- (decorate) make more attractive by adding ornament, colour, etc.; "Decorate the room for the party"; "beautify yourself for the special day"
- (decorate) deck: be beautiful to look at; "Flowers adorned the tables everywhere"
- The land of a person's birth or citizenship
- state: a politically organized body of people under a single government; "the state has elected a new president"; "African nations"; "students who had come to the nation's capitol"; "the country's largest manufacturer"; "an industrialized land"
- A nation with its own government, occupying a particular territory
- The people of a nation
- the territory occupied by a nation; "he returned to the land of his birth"; "he visited several European countries"
- nation: the people who live in a nation or country; "a statement that sums up the nation's mood"; "the news was announced to the nation"; "the whole country worshipped him"
- A set of fixtures, cabinets, and appliances that are sold together and installed in such a room or area
- The Custard Factory is an arts and media production centre in Birmingham, England .
- A room or area where food is prepared and cooked
- A kitchen is a room or part of a room used for cooking and food preparation.
- a room equipped for preparing meals
Napa Valley farmhouse country kitchen: 21-foot ceilings + terra-cotta tile + concrete counters
Howard Backen’s clients know that the Northern California architect has an affinity for designing indoor-outdoor kitchens that typically become the most popular room in the house. In a barnlike residence that he designed in Napa Valley for the owners of a winery (also on the property), a 16-by-10-foot expanse of windowed doors slides up and into the wall so that the kitchen gives completely onto a terrace overlooking the valley.
But the room itself is worth staying inside for. The ceiling—which rises to 21 feet—and walls are sheathed in recycled timber, while antique terra-cotta tiles from Jerusalem cover the floors. Above the Wolf range are locally produced concrete tiles in shades that echo the landscape just outside. Countertops are cast concrete; butcher block tops the island. “All the surfaces are lit,” says Backen. “At night, the room just glows.”
Photo by Christopher Irion, architecturaldigest.com.
The Bicentennialism gone Amok Kitchen
Caption reads: This rustic kitchen demonstrates a successful blend of old and new. Modern appliances fit unobtrusively into country scheme of chestnut cabinets, plaster walls, brick floor, and rough overhead beams. The unique touch here is the display of the owner's collections of antique pewter on shelves between the windows.
easter cookie decorating
outdoor yard decoration
paris inspired decor
best decorated dorm rooms
tree of life wall decor
frog garden decor
disney princess wall decoration
princess theme decor
decorative perforated metal